This gallery was inaugurated in 1915, it is now a classic on Florida street, once the highest building in the city, with 87 meters of height; it is a work by the architect Francisco Gianotti, who followed the style guidelines of the galleries in Milan.
He took care not only of the project itself and the construction, but of the design of each of the objects and the details as well, having a seal of the "modernist eclecticism" where the windows decorated with gold resemblances, the marble pilasters and the iron domes stand out in the halls.
At a time, this gallery comprised the most important commercial activity of the city; in the area surrounding San Martín street an important amount of offices used to function. The Gallery connects Florida and San Martín streets, but the only one that keeps in its façade vestiges from its original creation is the one located on San Martín St., since the original façade on Florida street was destroyed by a fire in 1970. Its reconstruction did not respect the original style and changed its characteristic by being occupied by a large number of offices.
In the beginning, a theater dedicated to cabaret used to have its place where today we find the “Piazzolla Tango”, one of the most important and impressive dinner-tango resorts in the city.