09/21/2018

Buscador

Inicio - TodoBuenosAires.com  
   
All the BUENOS AIRES information in a single place Español | English
 
   

Government House (Pink House) | Monserrat

Pink House Policemen guarding the Government House Pink House from Plaza de Mayo (Mayo Square)

Best known as “La Casa Rosada” (literally, the pink house), it has been seat of the National Executive Power since the “Primera Junta” (first national government) in 1810. It occupies the place of the Fort of Buenos Aires, in the area of the original Major Plaza. It was one of the first colonial constructions in the city. It has been modified several times before looking the way it does nowadays. Through time, it acquired eclectic and irregular characteristics, which can be observed as a whole, depending on the perspective. A few spots in the interior stand out; among others, the Hall of Honor, the White Hall (displaying a large crystal chandelier from the Azzaretto House in Milan), the Carrara marble stairs and the Palm Tree Patio, which reminds of the Italian palaces from the Renaissance. The balconies have witnessed and starred the most important events of our country’s History. The pink color came up during Domingo Faustino Sarmiento’s presidency; he intended to symbolically unite the colors of the two opposing political parties of the time: red for Federalists and white for Unitarians. Currently, it is also seat of the “Museo de la Casa de Gobierno” (Museum of the State House), offering different alternatives for a guided visit.

| Recommended | Historic

Address:

Balcarce 50 - Monserrat

Category:

Building

Specialty:

Government







Our Travel Packages
4 days, 3 hotel nights with breakfast. Taxes. Transfers in/out airport-hotel-airport...

Patawidget


Compartir :



Institutional information | Contact us | Advertising in Todo Buenos Aires.com
Copyright 2018 TodoBuenosAires.com - LTCSS S.A. - All rights reserved